9.7.15

Bridesmaid Proposal: Packaging

Yeay, we've come to part 2 of this post! Up to now, I,ve got 4 yeses to the proposal. Well, 4 down, 6 more to go. I must say, the proposal part was the most nervewrecking. I went hours practicing how to present the proposal and what I would actually say when the time come. seriously! i did talk to myself over and over and practice the best, coolest way to propose to my girls. yup! i'm pathetic like that. yet, when the time come, I was tongue-tied. gone already the hours of practicing, and I sat there like a dumb duck and just shoving the box to their faces. yup i literally tongue-tied as I cant even say a word. thankfully the packaging have all the words that i'm supposed to say and its self explanatory in itself. ha! now i'm praising myself to come up with that idea of packaging, a fool-proof idea for a nerve-wreck such am i.

What are this brilliant idea of mine? here goes;

this basically are the items I used. small pink boxes from kaison, i got it for rm4.99 for 12 boxes, polka dot ribbons, rm1.95 each from cowboy, and perfume card paper, rm4.15 from popular.

so first, we fold the lower part of the box. du'uh. or else it wouldnt be a box aight?

okay, now, we've got a box. however, it is a bit big to fit just a small ring inside, so we hv to think of a way to fill it in with something.

walla! my great idea. haha. so i folded extra papers; trial paper for tags, misprint notes, last year tutorial paper. haha. basically any recycled paper. cz i'm one crazy bitch about preserving the nature and conserve paper (but mostly save my own money) haha. then i cut it into small strips of paper.

well, here is what it would look like roughly, u can really just cut it as u please and dont really worry about the size. luckily i dont suffer from OCD or perfectionist mentality, so this doesnt bother me at all. but if u want, u can actually measure it and cut it properly but it will take longer time though.

Then u have to single out all the strips of paper and roll it gently with ur hand, u'll roughly get something like this.

next is the self-designed tag to place the ring. I print it out on the perfumed paper. 

individual tag. the cross was done using kitchen knife, cz i'm creative liddat. ;P

so basically this is how it will looks, when the box is opened. as i said, self explanatory. the message is sent loud and clear without me saying a word..tee-he.

this is somehow, a last minute idea to include some basic bridesmaids duties. I wrote my heart out in this one. (eye glistens)

finished products. hee~ well i didnt took pictures while preparing the top part of the box. so basically i fold it out. and then since i figured its to plain, i decided to use the ribbon to brighten it up a bit and use the same printout (the trial one) for the ring design as the tags. I simply use the paper puncher to make a hole and i thread it using the ribbon which i later glued n the sides of the top box.

all 10 boxes waiting to be sent out! weeee~ silver ribbon was reserved for the most special of all my maid of honor, my lil sis, teha. <3 p="">

that's about it. i know, i'm more invested in the bridesmaid proposal then about the actual wedding planning right now, cz I truly think this 10 girls are important persons in my life and it turns out, bribing them with ring really is useful as the yeses is now actively participating in the wedding planning at the burden was removed substantially. glad that I asked them early as I did. well, now we already have planned a trip to look for fabrics for my akad attire and bridesmaid dresses, courtesy of my first two yesses, ja and pika. can't wait for the trip. will post again soon.

p/s: did i say anything about my third proposal to mira? I basically chickened out. I give the box to her, than I ran. I do feel like giving present to the senior I've spent my whole junior year liking. my fourth proposal to lobak? it was certainly better than the third one, i didnt ran away. I really wanted to say it was because of my confidence kicking in, but truth be told, her room was dark, when I went there cz her roomate is sleeping, and I find solace in the dark. ha!

pp/s: I'm actually freaking out about my fyp. the material cost were ginarmous and i dont know where to go to get the necessary supplies. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment